Chronic pain can be caused by various situations, such as an injury or illness, and is usually difficult to eliminate. Chronic pains can affect several parts of the body, although the most normal is back pain. Chronic back pain should be treated quickly because if it is not eliminated it can affect our whole life. They can even affect people psychologically and lead to depression.
But there is also good news… because there are many ways to treat chronic back pain. You, your doctor and other pain specialists can try to find the best treatment for the chronic pains you are experiencing before they destroy your life.
What you should do first
It is best to consult your doctor so that he can determine how and why the chronic pain is occurring. Finding out the reason for the pain is the first step.
Chronic Pain Relief with Medications
As a rule, the first approach to relieving chronic pain is the use of over-the-counter medicines. There are several types of medication that can be used, such as the most common painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin, which allow pain control as long as they are not too strong and can be easily purchased in the pharmacy.
The next step will be to switch to prescription drugs that have a much greater and stronger effect and may include antidepressants, corticoids and muscle relaxants. These drugs usually work in the short term for the control of chronic back pain and other chronic localized pain efficiently, but have strong side effects when used for long periods of time.
Due to these side effects it is advisable to look for healthier alternatives to eliminate or at least reduce these prescribed medications.
Relieve chronic pain Naturally
- You can try physical exercise. Rest is the first thing you should do after the onset of pain, but after that rest to maintain some physical activity is essential for the relief of chronic pain. Exercise will increase flexibility and muscle strength as exercise is an essential part of any healthy lifestyle and works to control chronic pain.
You may decide to start an exercise routine at any time, but first consult your doctor to advise you on what kind of exercises you can do and what are the most beneficial in your case. You can also work with the help of a physiotherapist or have a specialized personal trainer. By using a personal trainer he will advise you step by step which exercises are most advisable to help you relieve the chronic pain and will also prevent you from getting injured.
- You can choose to replace all or part of the medication with natural remedies. These should be natural remedies for the chronic pain made exclusively from plant extracts. There are several plant extracts that are very effective in treating chronic pain.
- There are also acupuncture and therapeutic massages for the treatment of chronic pain. Acupuncture has been used with great success for many years; if you have never tried it, maybe you should! In case of pain caused by an injury or injury, it is likely that your doctor will prescribe you some sections of therapeutic massages located in the affected area, as they are also very effective. acupuncture chronic pain
- Another therapy effective in treating chronic pain is heat and cold. It can be a very effective treatment for chronic pain. What you have to do is to vary between cold (ice) and heat (hot spots) in the affected areas.
- Some people think that the aromatherapy and biofeedback techniques help them to relax their muscles. These techniques also release tension. Both are effective in relieving chronic pain.